Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
with Sarah Walsh
Join Sarah Walsh from Drishti Yoga Teacher Training in collaboration with The Pad Studios for a Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training Spring 2019 in San Francisco. Curious about how to better assist your prenatal students in class? Interested in creating a space for expecting mothers in your own dedicated Prenatal Yoga class? Perhaps you are pregnant yourself and are looking to deepen your practice during this exciting journey? In this four weekend intensive we will learn how to adapt the practice to better suit expecting mothers in all stages of their pregnancy. Learn how empower these mothers-to-be through breath work, movement, labor & delivery techniques and by cultivating a supportive community.
Sarah Walsh has been training teachers since 2011 and guiding pregnant women for over a decade. Sarah is both a Doula and a Mother and passionate about supporting women through this transition. With a full heart and years of experience, Sarah will guide you to be a leader in the same space.
Topics we will explore:
- The benefits of Prenatal Yoga ~ on the physical, mental & emotional level
- Trimesters ~ a breakdown of each stage including the 4th trimester
- Contraindications ~ how to navigate and offer support to common discomforts during pregnancy
- Sequencing ~ adapting and modifying a flow and sun salutations for the prenatal body
- Asana ~ poses to avoid, adapt and utilize during pregnancy
- Anatomy ~ the changes in the pregnant body with a focus on the pelvic floor
- Application ~ using the tools of Yoga for childbirth and motherhood
- Subtle Body ~ mantra, pranayama & meditation tools for pregnancy, labor & motherhood
- Postnatal Yoga ~ adapting the practice so that it is appropriate for the postpartum body
- Business of Prenatal Yoga ~ marketing classes, workshops and private sessions
- Resources ~ tips for building partnerships with doulas, midwives and OBGYNs
- Teaching ~ fine tune your language & thematic teaching skills through practice
This 85 hour Teacher Training is Yoga Alliance Approved!
Learn more, ask questions, and meet Sarah at one of our upcoming information sessions on Sunday’s from 11:00am – 11:30am.
Sign up on our schedule here.
Teacher Training Dates ( Saturday 8:00am – 6:30pm and Sunday 8:00am – 5:30pm):
April 6th & 7th 2019
April 13th & 14th 2019
April 27th & 28th 2019
May 4th & 5th 2019
*One Thursday evening we will be including a special workshop for 3 hours. Date TBD.
$300 deposit, due upon application, and to be deducted from final payment. Final payments kindly requested by check.
Option 1: $1600 Early Bird | $ to be paid in full by February 1st , 2019
Option 2: $1800 to be paid in full between February 1st and March 30th, 2019
Option 3: Two Payments | $900 to be paid upon application and $900 to be paid on or before March 30, 2019
Lead Instructor: Sarah Walsh
Sarah is the Co-founder of Drishti Yoga International Teacher Training, training yoga teachers around the world. She has taught in Bali and Costa Rica Co-Leading Teacher Trainings with Awakened Life School of Yoga. She has also led the Drishti Yoga Teacher Trainings in Mexico, India, Italy, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, Greece and Portugal. One of her favorite times teaching abroad was in Goa, India where she ran a Yoga Shala on the beach teaching locals and tourists.Sarah has her YA 200 hour certification in Vinyasa Yoga from Sonic Yoga in NYC and obtained YA 500 hours in Ashtanga in India. She is Prenatal certified with Janice Clarfield, Kids Yoga certified through Karma Kids and completed her Level Two Restorative at Yoga Works with Jillian Pransky. Sarah completed her Mat Pilates training with Balanced Body here in San Francisco. She studied Ashtanga Yoga in Mysore, India at KPJAYI under the guidance of Pattabhi Jois’s grandson Sharath Jois and daughter Saraswathi Jois.
In addition to training teachers around the Globe, Sarah can be found teaching a variety of classes. This includes pre-natal, post-natal, restorative and core-based classes in addition to her Vinyasa/Ashtanga offerings.
Sarah is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, providing counseling and inspiration to private clients on nutrition and healthy life-style. Sarah is also a Doula and offers her services in San Francisco. Sarah was featured in Elephant Journal which showcased her teachings abroad. She has also been published in Mindbodygreen for her insight on the Chakra System and for her expertise on Prenatal Yoga.A class with Sarah is a combination of both physical and spiritual experience. Sarah will guide you on a unique journey, while leading you on your own exciting and enlightening path.