Breathe. Move. Sweat. Transform.
Since its founding in 2009, The Pad has provided a modern, chic and energizing wellness space in the Cow Hollow neighborhood of San Francisco.
We offer vigorous power vinyasa yoga classes and private and group Pilates reformer classes set to upbeat, contemporary music – an integral part of The Pad experience. The Pad sets itself apart with warm, welcoming service and a commitment to giving clients a fun, power workout that will leave you feeling stronger, lighter and rejuvenated!
Our dedicated instructors share one purpose – to provide a safe space for you to play, explore, breathe, stretch, and transform all aspects of your body. Most classes are led with an ‘all-levels’ approach, and the instructor will help students modify and challenge themselves where appropriate. As students and teachers of the yoga and Pilates disciplines, we are dedicated to self inquiry, studentship, daily practice, and community involvement.
Since 2010, The Pad has partnered with outstanding instructors to provide comprehensive yoga and Pilates teacher training programs and workshops for those wishing to take their practice and education to the next level.
Do I need to sign up for classes in advance?
We highly encourage advance sign-up for yoga classes to guarantee you a space in class. Peak hour classes (weeknights and weekend mornings) often fill to capacity.
Advanced sign-up is required for all Pilates classes.
Do I need to cancel myself out of class if I can’t make it?
Yes, you must cancel your registration through MindBodyOnline on the website. If for any reason you are unable to log onto MBO, you may email [email protected] to cancel.
All yoga and Mat Pilates classes have a 2-hour cancellation policy.
For Reformer and mixed machine Pilates, a strict 24 hour cancellation policy is enforced.
What should I wear to class?
For yoga and Pilates we recommend that you wear stretchy and breathable pants or shorts that allow for free range of motion.
What should I bring to class?
Your favorite refillable water bottle (we have a filtered water dispenser and offer Boxed Water for $2)
A sweat towel (we rent Pad sweat towels for $2)
A yoga mat ($2 for mat rental)
What if I arrive late?
On the rare occasion that you come late, please enter class quietly and respectfully. For your own safety, we recommend not coming to class more than 10 minutes past the start time.
What are the rules around cell phone usage at The Pad?
We ask that you turn your cell phone to silent. If you have an important call, please take it outside the studio to be respectful of our other clients.
Is the yoga studio heated?
Yes, the yoga studio is warmed to 85 degrees. Our radiant heating system is overhead and evenly disperses warmth with cleaner humidity levels than a regular heater.
What if I need to leave early?
Life happens – we understand. We ask you to please leave quietly 10 minutes prior to class end, before savasana (the blissful meditation at the end of class), to not disrupt the other client’s experiences.
Can I practice yoga while pregnant?
If you are not a high risk pregnancy, absolutely! Please let the instructor know you are pregnant so that he or she can help you learn to modify various poses. We also offer special prenatal yoga classes designed specifically to serve pregnant women. Yoga is excellent for birth preparation and maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
Can I bring my child to yoga class?
If your child is between the ages of 10-18, you are welcome to bring your tween/teenager for a drop-in rate of $10 per class.
What is Power Pilates?
Power Pilates an athletic West Coast approach to classical Reformer Pilates instruction. Each class will deliver a powerful workout in a safe and beautiful environment, with high quality and attentive instruction. No two classes will ever be the same, and you will receive a great workout.
What is Pilates on the Reformer?
The Reformer is a Pilates machine invented to facilitate ease of movement and increase the challenge of the exercises. Exercising on the Reformer provides a fun and interactive workout experience.
Can I join a group Pilates class if I have never tried Pilates?
We recommend that clients take at least 3 private lessons before joining group classes to become familiar with the Reformer machine, other equipment, specific breathing and the movements in Pilates.
Can I participate in Pilates while pregnant?
Yes, and The Pad offers weekly prenatal Pilates classes for our pregnant clients. Power Pilates classes, Jump Board classes, Bootcamp classes and Mixed Machine classes are not appropriate during pregnancy, and pregnant clients may not register for these classes. Our prenatal classes are created to focus on the muscles that both support the changing pregnant belly, as well as those muscles that will help facilitate a speedy recovery after delivery.
Can I bring my child to Pilates?
While we love children, to maintain safety for all we ask that you do not bring your child to the Pilates studio.
Can I join a Pilates class if I have multiple injuries?
Pilates is an excellent rehabilitative exercise. However, depending on the severity of the injury or the stage of your recovery, group classes may not be appropriate. It may more beneficial and in some cases requisite to work one-on-one with an instructor in a private setting to focus on the specific areas in need of rehabilitation.
Class Registration & Cancellation
- Yoga and mat Pilates drop-ins are welcome, but pre-registration is strongly suggested as peak class times fill quickly.
- All yoga and Mat Pilates classes have a 2-hour cancellation policy. You must cancel your reservation online or via email or you will be charged for the class.
- All Reformer & mixed machine Pilates classes/sessions require pre-registration. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy or you will be charged for the class.
- All Workshops require pre-registration. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy or you will be charged.
- All registered no shows will be charged for the class.
- Though we appreciate early arrivals, we never turn latecomers away unless the class is full.
- Please do not leave just before or during savasana.
- If there is a waitlist, your spot may be forfeited if you are more than 5 minutes late to class.
- If you are on the waitlist for a class, you will receive an automatic email as soon as a spot opens up. Please respond via email to confirm your attendance, or let us know if you cannot attend.
- If you are on multiple waitlists on a single day, please remember to cancel your other reservations or the class will be deducted from your current package.
Class Package Information
- All class purchases are non-refundable.
- Membership guest passes and classes do not roll over from month to month, and guest passes are for new clients only.
- Packages may be shared.
- Please note all package expirations and review our expiration extension policy below.
- By signing up for any of our Yoga or Pilates memberships you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- I agree to a 3-month minimum commitment which will automatically be deducted from my credit card on file.
- I agree that my membership will automatically renew unless 14 days cancellation notice is given.
- I agree that if I choose to cancel my membership, I will give 14 days notice by email to: [email protected]
- I agree to one membership freeze per year.
- I understand that all classes must be used during the billed month, and that any remaining classes or guest passes do not roll over to the next month.
- I understand that any guest passes associated with this membership are to be used by non-members only.
- Memberships may not be shared.
- I understand that if I go over my allotted monthly classes, my credit card on file will automatically be charged for the discounted membership class rate.
- I understand the The Pad Studios is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.